[wisb] Everyone should be back on Wisbirdn

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 08:14:01 -0500

Thanks to listowner Tom Sykes, everyone who was booted off should be back on
Wisbirdn. You may possibly get a bunch of posts that were held in queue,
depending on how your own email server operates. Tom did some digging and found
a post on Freelists' Facebook page, which implied that Yahoo is the main
culprit (which is often the case with hacked email accounts, too.) The good
news is that Freelists has moved to their new data center, which should improve
their performance and reliability (long-time users may remember that the
previous data center was hit hard by storms in the mid-South a couple of years
ago, leading to frequent, prolonged outages.)

Anyway, if you still aren't getting Wisbirdn emails (and presumably see this on
an archived version,) check your Junk or Spam folder. You may possibly have to
set your spam filter to specifically allow freelists.org emails. As always, if
you're still noticing weirdness, you can contact me or Tom (sykes@xxxxxxxxxx)
and we'll see what we can do. (I'll be offline much of today, so Tom might be
able to help faster, although his access is limited at present, too.)

Carry on...

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin/Monitor Guy
Madison WI