[wisb] IMPORTANT: If you were dropped and just now added to the list again

  • From: Tom Sykes <sykes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 00:48:43 -0400

Folks,

Several subscriptions were dropped from the list. I have just now completed
resubscribing all the accounts that were dropped.

As a result of being one of those who was dropped and then added again, you
will be receiving an email alerting you to the fact that your email address was
put back on the list.

If you had settings other than the the default setting (for example, your
account was set to digest or vacation) you will have to manually reset your

Login using your subscription email address, then use the pull-down menu to
select a subscription option you wish to change (turn Digest mode on and off,
turn Vacation mode on and off, Unsubscribe, and Subscribe). If you still have
problems with your account settings, let Peter or myself know back-channel and
we’ll lend a hand.

As to “why” so many accounts were dropped, I don’t have an exact answer.
However, Yahoo accounts have been notoriously problematic (followed by Hotmail)
and once again, Yahoo played a large role.

I am posting a separate email to all subscribers using Yahoo addresses.

Tom Sykes
Wisbirdn List Owner
sykes@xxxxxxxxxx