[wisb] Re: ID help with new yardbird?--one smart N Fllicker!

  • From: D Echelbarger <dendarii@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 09:46:34 -0600

He came back while I was having breakfast and hung around for more than
long enough for a positive ID.

His primary target was clearly my suet cage, but he had problems
perching on it while eating and the bottom was just barely within reach
from the seed tray. So he jumped up to the cage, pecked hard enough to
send flakes of suet down into the tray, then dropped down to the tray
and gobbled up the suet.  Clever bird!

Diane Echelbarger
Stoughton