[wisb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badhound80@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 09:22:47 -0600

Hi Ernie -

It's almost certainly a Mute Swan if the bill is orangish.  A Tundra (or
Trumpeter, for that matter,) would have a black bill.  There is an established
population of Mutes that circulate between Lake Monona and Upper and Lower Mud
Lakes via the Yahara River.  (There are also far too many feral domestic geese
in the same area.)

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.