[wisb] Re: House Sparrow in Chickadee nest box

  • From: Anna Keaney <anna.ftw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WisBirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:45:50 -0600

I think the metal portal is going to work! I've seen several chickadee
forays in and out of the box, and no sign of House Sparrows. Of course, we
don't see sparrows much in our yard anyway: I only ever see one pair
occasionally. Still though, I'm glad the chickadees aren't thrown by the
plate and seem even more eager than ever. Guess they were just waiting for
me to get the place up to code. ;)
Anna Keaney
Madison, Dane