[wisb] Re: House Sparrow in Chickadee nest box

  • From: Gayle Davis <humnbrd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:39:37 -0600

I hope to try the fishing line on my nest boxes this year, but with
dismay I must report the fishing line seemed to fail me last week - I
placed it on several of my feeders about a month ago - I was thrilled to
watch the neighbor's House Sparrows sit up in my trees and not a one
would light on my feeders - they remained horrified by the line for many
weeks, then one dang sparrow got brave and started to feed - a day
later, a couple more, then suddenly I was right back where I started -
so I moved each line about one inch - can you believe this?  it's
working again!  LOL -

Gayle Davis
Owen, Taylor Cty