[wisb] Horned grebe-apalooza, Oshkosh

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:56:01 -0700 (PDT)

   ....And then, before picking up the kids from school, I checked out the
Menominee Dr. stretch along Miller's Bay ONLY.   The unprecedence keeps
climbing:  as many as 40  birds were counted, just in the Bay alone !!!  I
tried turning a young-looking bird into an Eared, but failed.  I'm not done.
Up by the bend where Murdock Av starts, I counted 11 more HG's.  This is just
mind-boggling.  More scattered pelicans, a common loon was being social with
the diviing ducks, a few PB Grebes present this time.  This  is turning out to
be quite a 'grebey' spring around here.
   Awaiting the wintry mess from Winnebago Co.,
   Paul Bruce