[wisb] Hoary Redpoll, etc.

  • From: "Charir" <charir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WISBIRDN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:57:05 -0600

After waiting all winter, the redpolls finally arrived.  3 common and 1 hoary.
I have never had a hoary redpoll in my yard, but I have seen them before. I
took a picture but it isn't great but definitive enough, I think.  If anyone
wants to see it, email me back channel and I will send it as a jpg.  At the
moment I have 9 wild turkeys wandering around the woods and yard.
I'd been complaining about the lack of interesting birds this winter but
looking back it hasn't been too bad: pine grosbeaks, Bohemian waxwings, varied
thrush, and now the redpolls.
Chari Rutledge
Washington Island
Door County