[wisb] Harlequin Duck and Gulls at Milwaukee River mouth today

  • From: Mike Wanger <misterwanger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birding on the net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 15:51:56 -0600

Hi All:
Steve Lubahn and I found a Harlequin Duck at the Milwaukee River mouth
today, swimming near the red lighthouse. I posted a pic on facebook. We
also had an Iceland (Kumlein's) Gull, three Glaucous Gulls, and three Great
Black-backed Gulls.

For those who need better directions, the Milwaukee River flows under the
Hohn Bridge just south of downtown. The red lighthouse is on the southeast
corner of the Summerfest grounds, accessible via E Erie Street.

Good birding,
Mike Wanger
Milwaukee