[wisb] HMANA Conference 2010

  • From: "Debbie Waters" <dwaters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'MOU Listserv'" <mou-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'MNBird'" <mnbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Wisbirdn'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:03:14 -0600

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR 2010 HMANA CONFERENCE

The 2010 Hawk Migration Association of North America (HMANA) conference will
be hosted by Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory and held in Duluth, Minnesota April
15-18, 2010.  Positioned at the southwestern tip of magnificent Lake
Superior, Duluth offers a mix of great birding, picturesque scenery and a
terrific spring raptor migration.  April birding in Northern Minnesota
offers a wide variety of boreal species, winter specialties, northern owls
and spring migrants as the convergence of three different biomes maximizes
the number of different species to be seen.

The 2010 conference will feature scientific presentations, informative
posters, entertaining keynote speakers, a silent auction, fantastic
northern-specialty field trips as well as free shuttle service from the
conference site to Hawk Ridge's Spring Hawk Count site!

Our conference will open on Thursday afternoon with our annual board meeting
and membership meeting followed by a welcome, social and introductions.
Friday and Saturday will be filled with speakers, presentations and field
trips.  We'll have programming available from sunrise to sunset each day,
and we'll offer the same field trips on Friday AND Saturday so you don't
have to choose between the speakers you want to hear and the birds you want
to see!

There is an open call for papers and posters on our conference website.  If
you're interested in presenting your work at this conference, please visit
www.hmana.org or www.hawkridge.org for submission details.

You may register online, by mail or by phone.  Field trips and banquets are
optional, so you can customize your conference weekend to suit your greatest
interests.

Evening banquets will feature delicious food (vegetarian options are
available) and fascinating speakers.  We are excited to announce that L.
David Mech, Senior Research Scientist with the U.S. Geological Survey will
recap his career of 50 years of wolf research at our Saturday evening
banquet!

Detailed conference schedule, open call for papers, registration forms,
lodging/travel information and other conference information are available at
our website, accessible through either www.hmana.org or www.hawkridge.org
(click on the conference logo).

For more information, contact Conference Coordinator Julie O'Connor at
HMANA2010@xxxxxxx or 218-348-2291.

____________________________

Debbie Waters

Education Director

Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory

P.O. Box 3006

Duluth, MN 55803-3006

218.428.3539

 <mailto:dwaters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> dwaters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 <http://www.hawkridge.org/> www.hawkridge.org

Bringing kids and birds together.  Over 7,000 times in 2008.

 <http://www.hawkridge.org/support/member.html> Become a MEMBER and support
our educational efforts!

"I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl, so I'm wise and I have worms."
                                                               - Michael
Scott, The Office