[wisb] Gulls in Sheboygan

  • From: Scott Baughman <baughman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISBIRD <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 5:03:21 -0700

Hi Everyone,

  In the last two days I have observed 8 different gulls species here in
Sheboygan.  Ring-billed, Herring, Glacous, Iceland, Lesser Black-backed,
Greater Black-backed, Thayer's and Bonaparte's.  98% of them have been first or
second year birds.  The only adults I have observed were Ring-billed and
Herring.   There are lots of gulls to sifted through here.  With the increase
in human activity the gulls are really active and spread out along the lake
front.  Early morning or dusk is the best time to see congregated gulls, sun
angle in the morning can be poor.  Anyway there are lots of birds to look
through, finding that oddball can be rewarding, good luck.

Scott Baughman
Sheboygan, WI