[wisb] Re: Great egrets (Marquette Co.)

  • From: tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:58:52 +0000 (UTC)

Mike and other birders,

I saw the birds (at least 30) in a wetland on the west side of I-39 yesterday
afternoon as well. (Assuming this is Buffalo Lake.) This is a little over one
mile south of Exit 104, aka County Road D. I thought it was a little unusual
just because of the number and the status of this species in the state.
However, there have been Great Egrets spotted in Portage County (near Stevens
Point) and Aitkin County (northern Minnesota) recently as well. Perhaps there
is a pattern here...

Good birding,

Alyssa DeRubeis

Stevens Point, Portage Co.