[wisb] Great Egrets roosting in Watertown

  • From: Amy Byrne <byrne95@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:42:37 -0700 (PDT)

We live on a side bay of the Rock River in Watertown.  In the five years we've
lived here, we have never seen Great Egrets before, but now for the last week,
four have been coming every night at dusk and roosting in a fallen tree about 5
feet about the water.  Also, I've had to start walking the dogs out front at
night instead of sending them out back on their own, for fear of scaring the
birds.

Amy Byrne, Watertown, Jefferson County