[wisb] Golden Eagle

  • From: Rick Pertile <mugzy1960@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:17:38 -0600

Had a really nice surprise late morning today when an immature golden eagle
flew over the cabin and out over the lake, extremely low giving me some great
views of the bird.  Since it came from behind the cabin, my guess is the bird
could have came in lower to check out the sparse leftovers of a deer carcass I
had put out on the pond a couple weeks ago.  My goal is to get another tag and
deer carcass this week, so if the bird does happen to stay in the area, perhaps
I'll be lucky enough to see it again and this time get photos.

I still have 2 hoary redpolls coming in with about 70+ common redpolls as well
as 13 pine grosbeaks which have been around for weeks now.

The attached link will take you to a nice close up of a female pileated I took
today.  A couple pics of the male Hoary redpoll follow if you scroll right, and
of course more pine grosbeak photos, a bird I will never get tired of seeing or
photographing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89973506@N06/8484573496/in/photostream/

Rick Pertile
Edgewater, Sawyer County