[wisb] Glacial Drumlin Trail--Lake Mills, Jefferson Co. - Warblers and Raptors

  • From: Aaron Stutz <agstutz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:26:12 -0500

I hiked the Glacial Drumlin Trail around mid-day today.  I tracked down
12 warbler species and a good enjoyed a decent raptor flight from an
inland location.  Yellow-rumps have arrived in good numbers, Broad-wings
are on the move and White-throated Sparrows and Yellow-bellied
Sapsuckers have just arrived.  The highlight of my day was watching 2
Merlin chase each other, butterflies, gulls, swallows and anything else
that got in their way.

Today's abridged list:

Pied-billed Grebe 15
American White Pelican 70