[wisb] Re: GREAT GRAY OWL - Juneau County

  • From: Dan Belter <bwhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:46:26 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Mary Backus and I drove down and found this owl this morning. It was seen along
21st Ave., about 1/4 to 1/2 mile north of Hwy 82. Mauston is about 3 or 4 miles
west of this road (21st Ave.). We had close views of this bird as it sat on
some low branches maybe 25 or 30 yards from the roadside. If you go looking for
this bird be sure to stay on the roadside (all private land off the road) and
keep as quiet as possible so this bird can do its hunting.

Dan Belter
Village of Weston
Marathon Co, WI