[wisb] Fwd: eBird Report - Estabrook Park, Milwaukee Co, Sat, Aug 25, 2012

  • From: Charles Hagner <c_hagner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 15:13:10 -0500

Hi everyone--
Six species of warbler, including 18 American Redstarts, were in Estabrook
Park, Milwaukee Co., on Saturday morning (yesterday), but the birds I was most
excited about were two Eastern Bluebirds, very much alive, hunting from trees
in the northwestern corner of the dog exercise area.

Question: Do male bluebirds acquire a bright orange chest and dark blue back
and wings the year they fledge? Does the head of bluebirds at this age appear
gray, not blue?

--Chuck

Chuck Hagner
Milwaukee Co., WI