[wisb] Fwd: Shrike at Lake Farm Park (Dane Co.) today

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:19:20 -0500

Just had an email from Nolan Pope:

"While checking my bluebird boxes at Lake Farm Park, I found a shrike
perched in a tree not very far away (about 2:30) .    Definitely a
shrike.    But given bright light and my dark glasses, not sure which
species.
I was walking along the road that goes to the shelters.    The gate is
still locked, so I was walking.  It was in one of the trees right next
to the road.
If you’re out there,   watch for it to see which species.
Nolan"

If it's not pouring when I get home from work, I'll try to run down
there with my scope and at least scan for it.

Peter Fissel

Madison WI