[wisb] Friendship CBC - preliminary report

  • From: "Jym Mooney & Carol Lee Hopkins" <hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 20:00:29 -0600

Ten cheerful birders spent today in Adams County working the 7th annual
Friendship CBC.  The weather was beautiful, and all enjoyed themselves.
While our preliminary species total of 34 is low for this count, we did have
some notable findings, including Long-eared Owl (new for the count),
Red-shouldered Hawk, five species of woodpeckers, Pine Siskins, Common
Redpolls, Brown Creeper, Tufted Titmice, Rough-legged Hawk, and huge numbers
of Blue Jays and Dark-eyed Juncos.

Jym Mooney, Milwaukee