[wisb] Franklin's Gull, University Bay, UW Madison

  • From: Gmail <woodcreeper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:23:27 -0500

There is an adult Franklin's Gull loafing with the Ring-billed flock on U Bay
right now. The bird is on the sandbar across from the Willow Creek bridge
(lakeshore path, behind the Natatorium). I originally saw it at 11:12am but it
almost immediately flew off. When I came back through at 12:30 it was in the
same spot.

Good luck if you go looking!

Good birding

David