[wisb] Re: Fox Den (OT)

  • From: Cathy Gagliardi <patcatgags@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cat6522@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 03:48:02 +0000 (UTC)

UPDATE: for all of you that were so kind to reply.

The Den is definitely Fox (not Coyote) - the tracks this weekend after a fresh
3" of snow have Fox written all over it. Small paw prints all in a straight
line, no zig-zag at all.

We checked the den on Sat. and the dead Coon was pulled further in, so it's not
visible at all anymore at the opening.

Like so many of you suggested, it appears this Fox happened upon the Coon
that was already dead, and dragged it into the den as a cache.

We did get one good photo of the Coon at the opening, who is upside-down with
teeth showing.

It's not gruesome or anything, but for anymore who is a Coon lover maybe don't
click on this link.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/BirdNutt/DeadCoon3-15-13.jpg
Thanks again for all who replied, I learned much from your comments.

  Cathy Gagliardi