[wisb] Fischer Creek, Evening of the 4th

  • From: <rcd2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:23:01 -0400

1.  Greater Scaup.  I come to Fischer Creek nearly on a daily basis and, each
day I am here, so is the male scaup on the creek.  Sometimes it is in the
company of a female Mallard but I believe the relationship is purely Platonic.

2.  Common Loon.  One adult below the bluff.  This is the first such loon seen
here since August 11.

3.  Horned Grebe.  Counted 21 of them off the bluff.  This is the first
sighting since August 10.

4.  N. Goshawk.  Flashed past within 30 feet of me on the bluff.

      --  Bob Domagalski, St. Nazianz, Manitowoc County