[wisb] FW: Retraction of Dane Co. Dowitcher sighting - probable Wilson's Snipe

  • From: "Terry & Marty Evanson" <tevanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wisbirdn'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 22:04:59 -0500

I'm reevaluating my earlier post and changing my call to 5 Wilson's Snipe.
Through the rain drops, the semi -sewing machine feeding behavior of the
birds and their location some distance from the edge of the pond contributed
to my wishful thinking. Thanks to all the backchannel advice received about
this being a bit early for Dowitchers, as well as reports of earlier
sightings of this flock.

Marty Evanson

Madison

  _____