[wisb] Re: FOY Cormorant on Petroleum Pier (Milwaukee)

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <dona_rita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:35:42 -0500

Hey everyone,

Rita's post reminded me of something.  1. The Neotropic Cormorants are back in
Iowa.  2. There's a massive warm front coming this weekend. and 3. It's April
when everything is moving.
So if you see any cormorants, please make sure to double-check them to make
sure they're all Double-crested and there isn't a Neotropic hanging out with
them. Who knows, you might get lucky.

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)