[wisb] FIRST BIRD 2010

  • From: ewbirdingwi@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:59:33 -0500

 Well, it wasn't EXACTLY the first bird because I fed the Chachalacas,
Great-tailed Grackles, Inca Doves, and House Sparrows before I left our mobile
home.  But I saw  the BARE-THROATED TIGER HERON.  He spent 4 or more hours
posing for photo shooters and birders at Bentsen Rio Grande State Park in
Mission TX.  There were even good photos of him eating a sizable Cotton Rat.

Next season I will be out looking for the Bohemian Waxwings, Lapland Longspurs
and Short-eared Owls as we plan to endure the cold winter in Amherst, WI.

Wyleen High
Winter Texan
Mercedes TX