[wisb] Dodge Co. Hustisford Gulls

  • From: "Rhonda Schrab" <rdzs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 20:05:30 -0500

One of the three sewage treatment ponds still has some ice on it which is
littered with hundreds of dead carp. This has attracted gulls. There were
at least 200 there late today. I picked out 1 GLAUCOUS GULL and spotted 2
BONAPARTES GULLS in flight as they were leaving the immediate area. Their
small size and buoyant flight drew my attention to them and then saw the
dark hood and flashing white wedges on the wings.
 Dave Schrab
 Dodge Co