[wisb] Derby Hill: 4/4 ~20,000 American Robins

  • From: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 21:39:02 -0400

Hello All,

Well today we started out with lots of rain.  It was light to strong
early until about 2pm.  It would come and go a lot between those
times.  Then after that the raptors would pick up and go.  Late in the
day a nice flight took place.  However, during the day from just about
the start of the day to the end of the day a nice non-raptor flight
took place.  Unless it was heavy rain it was going on.

The highlight of the day was American Robins.  Over 20,000 were
counted from about 8am to 5pm.  Another nice count was of Common
Grackles with over 9,000.  If you would like to see the species
recorded and their totals, along with raptor numbers check my blog
out.

A Hawk Counters World:
http://a-hawk-counters-world.blogspot.com/2011/04/hawk-count-442011-fun-day.html

-Seth Cutright