[wisb] Derby Hill: 4/22/2011 Good Day + Swainson's

  • From: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:45:56 -0400

Hello All,

Well yesterday, 4/22 was a good day at Derby Hill.  It was the first
day with over 1,000 Broad-winged Hawks counted.  We are still waiting
for the big movement of BWs.  In all we had 15 species recorded and
counted for the day.  The only Common one we missed was Rough-legged
Hawk.  However, we made up for that by getting a Swainson's Hawk.

If you would like to read more about that bird, and see totals then
check my blog out at:

A Hawk Counters World:
http://a-hawk-counters-world.blogspot.com/2011/04/hawk-count-4222011-good-day-sw.html

Take care