[wisb] Dead woodpecker question

  • From: Madison Audubon <karen.etter.hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WisBirdNet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, melissa.lindstrum@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:39:57 -0500

Hello Wisbirders,
Melissa contacted us with an interesting question that I hope some of
you will have some insight on. Please contact Melissa directly (and/or
all of us) at melissa.lindstrum@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:melissa.lindstrum@xxxxxxxxx>

***
My sister found a dead woodpecker in her yard in Milwaukee this week.
Its wings were spread out, almost like it had been sunbathing. Never
seen a dead bird in this position before. Any particular reason for it?
Thanks for any input!
***

Thanks, as always,
Karen
--
Karen Etter Hale

Chair, Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative

Citizen Science Coordinator, Madison Audubon Society

NEW: 1400 E. Washington, Suite 170

Madison, WI 53703

608/255-BIRD (2473) x 222

NEW: Karen.Etter.Hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx