[wisb] De Pere American White Pelican

  • From: Amy Kearns <greenpertplus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 10:42:30 -0500

There was an AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN below the De Pere dam last night. We viewed
from Voyager Park at dusk.  The pelican was like a mirage as it emerged from
underneath the dam building.  It appeared to have an injured right wing.  This
was our first visit to this location, but it looks like a good place for an
injured bird to spend the winter.
We also noticed what appeared to be a dead Double-crested Cormorant on the ice
across from the park, just downstream of the dam.  De Pere Dam, Brown, US-WI

Dec 31, 2011 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Protocol: Traveling

1.0 mile(s)

Comments: also including areas downstream

12 species

Canada Goose 3000

American Black Duck 50

Mallard 1000

Common Goldeneye 2

Common Merganser 50

American White Pelican 1 injured right wing

Bald Eagle 1

Red-tailed Hawk 1

Ring-billed Gull 100

Herring Gull 300

Thayer's Gull 1

Glaucous Gull 1

Amy & Noah KearnsMitchell, southern Indiana