[wisb] Crane count on Crex and Fish Lake Wildlife Area

  • From: "Hoffman, Steven R - DNR" <Steven.Hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb] (wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 03:37:58 +0000

We counted 13,612 sandhill cranes in the Grantsburg area this morning. There
are still a lot of birds in the area and viewing is good. With the weather
holding we can expect the birds to hang around for a while yet. There were a
few snow geese sighted as well as good numbers of ducks.
Steve Hoffman

We are committed to service excellence.
Visit our survey at http://dnr.wi.gov/customersurvey to evaluate how I did.

Steven R. Hoffman
Wildlife Biologist - Crex Meadows Wildlife Area
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
102 E. Crex Ave.; Grantsburg, WI 54840
Phone: 715-463-2896
Cell Phone: 715-431-0748
Fax: 715-463-3761