[wisb] Crane Count, Rusty Blackbirds, etc.

  • From: "Sue Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 11:58:17 -0500

and This morning at 5:30, as the light came up, there was a pair of Sandhill
Cranes standing in Weborg Marsh, Peninsula SP. Yesterday the park had more
bird action, and in the woods off Shore Road, in a wet spot,  were three FOY
birds for me: three Yellow-rumped Warblers, three Hermit Thrushes, and a
Winter Wren. Also there were several Flickers,  Sapsuckers and Robins, plus
two Brown Creepers. They all were enjoying the logs and bushes in the small
marshy area.

On April 10, there were 45 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS gathering on a tree in Weborg
Marsh, singing, then all flew south. I entered this on eBird, so the report
should go to the RUSTY BLACKBIRD PROJECT, I hope.

Sue Peterson
Ephraim Door Co.