[wisb] Cooper's Ballet

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:01:07 -0700 (PDT)

I was working in my home office on Milwaukee's east side today when I noticed
some movement outside. A couple of hawks flying in unison.

I went out on the balcony and observed two Cooper's Hawks engaged in
synchronized flying. Their aerobatic manuevers were fun to watch. They would
fly fairly high up, and then come back down to rooftop level. They circled over
the area for at least ten minutes, coordinating their movements precisely.

It was a joy to behold!!

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee