[wisb] Cool YB Sapsucker photos, raptor migration, and more!

  • From: Erik Bruhnke <birdfedr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 07:38:04 -0500

Yesterday's hawk count was slightly slower, with a flight of raptors that
ended relatively early in the day (around 3pm). A noteworthy Dark-eyed Junco
movement was observed, as these cute little guys were hanging out  at the
count site throughout much of the day, in addition to the new-to-the-season
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers. The photos of the sapsuckers (below), in addition
to the Red-tailed Hawk photo are some of my best shots this spring so far
:-) Relatively strong and gusty NE winds are in the works for today, with
this front collision, I'm curious what will fly by before the expected snow
this weekend!
A link to yesterday's count:
https://www.hawkcount.org/day_summary.php?rsite=543&ryear=2011&rmonth=04&rday=13

Red-tailed Hawk in flight, looking at me:
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903295

American White Pelicans (first photo flying over the Blotnik Bridge,
connecting Superior and Duluth):
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903288
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903289

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker:
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903316
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903317
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903319
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903318
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903323
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903320

Northern Flicker:
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903314

Broad-winged Hawk!!
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903291
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903292

Peregrine Falcon:
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903294

Nutritionally-content Sharp-shinned Hawk
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903297

Female American Kestrel:
http://www.pbase.com/image/133903286

Good birdwatching,