[wisb] Columbia Co. Update: Red Crossbill

  • From: Lester Doyle <zzzlester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 09:58:51 -0600

Haven't posted in a while, mainly because I haven't seen anything exciting
enough to report...until now.
Female Red Crossbill at a friend's feeder on Aldercate Road (Lodi). I was
trying to get some decent picture of common feeder birds when this one came
in and managed to get several good shots from indoors. (life bird).

Also two Dark Morph Rough-legged Hawks on Richards Road. Have seen one for
the past four winters on the Okee End, and another one has been at the
Lindsey Road end...and sometimes at the Lodi Airport.

Lester Doyle
Harmony Grove
Columbia Co.