[wisb] Columbia Co Update

  • From: Lester Doyle <zzzlester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 21:33:39 -0500

Okee Bay still remains the hot spot, ice still on the lake side and plenty
of dead shad.
Present: hundreds of gulls,  Ringed-bills, Herring, and Bonaparte's, good
number of waterfowl with 15 species represented

70 plus Am. White Pelicans, 25 Bald Eagles on the ice (counted by my son
Caleb) and a few more in the air.

First Common Loon of the Year (good photos) and still amazed after 5 years
up here how awesome they are in breeding plumage.

Neighborhood birds this week: Tufted Titmouse, Eastern Phoebe, and Brown
Creeper.

Additional note: There is now paved walkway off of Priem Rd that follows
along one side Shoeneberg's Marsh and leads to nice seated overlook about
halfway down (still frozen last week while I was there)

Lester Doyle
Lodi/Harmony Grove
Columbia Co.