[wisb] Coast Guard Impoundment

  • From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 14:47:18 -0600

After missing both Snowy Owls along Six Mile Road I headed down to CGI to
check on the Snowy at the end of the pier. The Snowy was there, as of about
an hour ago, at the base of the last light post. Too far for any decent
photos. As I was standing there hoping it would fly somewhere close I caught
something out of the corner of my eye. I expected to see one of the Kestrels
and was happily surprised to see a Peregrine Falcon with a fresh pigeon kill
beneath the Hoan Bridge. I only got off a few shots before it took off the
eat in private. This is, admittedly not great, the best of them;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4238392256/
Other birds of interest were a large flock of Snow Buntings, a single
Rough-legged Hawk, and a single Red-tailed Hawk along Six Mile Road.

Paul Sparks
Glendale, Milwaukee County