[wisb] Chimney Swift Roost, Madison

  • From: Arlene Koziol <arlenekoziol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 18:47:54 -0500

Saturday, Sept., 4, 6:45 pm, Chimney Swift Roost, Blessed Sacrament Parish
Parking Lot, 2116 Hollister Ave, Madison. While driving down Hollister Ave last
 Saturday evening, my husband Jeff and I heard the distinct "chippering" of
Chimney Swifts. We pulled into the parking lot of the Blessed Sacrament Parish
and hundreds of swifts were flying erratically, banking and turning above the
church and parking lot. The birds gradually organized themselves and descended
into the chimney. It was an amazing aerial display. I wonder what it looks like
inside the chimney!
Arlene Koziol
Arlington Hts., IL