[wisb] Re: Cedar Waxwings 2 sightings

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:27:53 -0500

That reminds me that I noticed many of the spruce trees along that
stretch of Hwy 12 north of Sauk City are just loaded with cones - might
be an area to check for Crossbills (not that I'd recommend stopping
along Hwy 12 for very long... but some of the intersecting roads also
have spruces.)

Peter Fissel
Madison WI