[wisb] Caspian Terns on Milwaukee's lakefront today 4/26/14, MKE Co. some images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 21:32:08 -0500

Hi all,
I birded the Milwaukee lakefront this morning for a short period of time.
The highlight was Caspian Terns. There were a small amount of them present
on Bradford Beach sitting with many Ring-billed Gulls. There were also a
small group of them fishing for food over at McKinley Marina. Recent ducks
that have been reported are still present. I observed many large flocks of
Double-crested Cormorants flying north far out over the water, and some
flocks very high up over the shoreline. Beautiful morning to be out with
lots of sunshine, but the steady northeast winds made it almost feel like
winter.

Images of the Caspian Terns at the link below if you care to view them:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/caspian-tern/

Thanks and good birding,

Jim Edlhuber

Town of Genesee, Waukesha Co.