[wisb] Carolina Wren/Red Crossbill-- Devil's Lake SP

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:50:46 -0500

Add Devil's Lake to the list of places with Carolina Wrens popping up. There
was a very vocal bird near the railroad tracks adjacent to the parking area for
South Shore Picnic area-- so loud that I could hear it from the top of the east
bluff and later while I was playing beach volleyball in the middle of the
picnic area. Also had a calling Red Crossbill fly over the campsite this
morning.

Tom Prestby
Milwaukee