[wisb] Carolina Wren, Red-headed Woodpecker

  • From: Hilary Ford <khilaryf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:58:26 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to post this again as I believe that my Yahoo posts may not be
getting through.  We have had an immature Red-headed Woodpecker at our feeder
several days ago.  It has been seen by others in this Cottage Glen Subdivision
and I have photos taken by a neighbor.  Brown head with red new feathers
starting to stick through and bright red throat and the usual rest of the
coloration.
The exciting other visitor to our feeders for the last three days has been a
Carolina Wren!  First came three days ago and has come each day since, but not
today (not had time to linger by the feeders.  We have photos.
I saw Pine Grosbeaks at the Green Gables stores in Ephraim yesterday - though
they have been rarer here.  No Red- polls yet.
Hilary Ford, Ellison Bay, Door County