[wisb] C Redpolls, etc - Whitnall Park, Milwaukee Co.

  • From: Andrea Szymczak <harrierhawk1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:05:31 -0600

Maybe a good opportunity for the photographers on the listserv.  For the
past two days, there have been a dozen C REDPOLLS feeding in what I believe
may be a larch species of tree (I'm awful at tree i.d.!)  This morning they
foraged with about 18 P SISKINS.  Also seen on the morning walk were AMER
ROBINS & a continuing HERMIT THRUSH.  Take 92nd Street to N Root River
Pkwy/W College Ave as if you were going to Wehr Nature Center, but instead
of driving straight up hill toward the center, turn right as if you were
going to Botanical Gardens.  Veer to your left and continue a short
distance up road to bridge and dam between two ponds.  Birds have been
mostly seen on NW end of the larger pond.
Good Luck!
Andrea Szymczak
Waukesha, WI