[wisb] Alaska Documentary and Bolivia photos!

  • From: Evan Barrientos <emb326@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:22:46 -0500

Hi everyone,
First of all, I have finally assembled and posted a short film on my summer in
Southeast Alaska. This is my first real video production, I put a lot of work
into it, and I would greatly appreciate your views and comments. You can watch
"Summer in Southeast Alaska" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uslh-wLnSw

Second, and equally exciting, I spent the first two weeks of this year in
Bolivia with my dad, meeting relatives, traveling to La Paz, Lake Titicaca,
Coroico, and Los Volcanes Refuge; birding, hiking, and taking photos. The
scenery and wilderness there was absolutely spectacular, and birding was quite
fun, although not as productive as I had hoped. I have yet to put my lists on
eBird, but I will try to send some type of list soon. For now the highlights
were WHITE-TIPPED PLANTCUTTER, GRAY-HOODED PARAKEET, RED-WINGED TINAMOU,
TITICACA GREBE, ANDEAN HILLSTAR, CHILEAN FLAMINGO, BAT FALCON, and ANDEAN
CONDOR. Photographing birds in the forest was extremely difficult, although
there are still some nice shots.
You can see the landscapes, wildlife, and macros here:
http://ebarrientos.smugmug.com/Travel/Bolivia-Parks-and-Wildlife/21156870_BPd94d#!i=1683363942&k=KGxN4j8
There is also a very nice gallery on the people and cities here (no birds):
http://ebarrientos.smugmug.com/Travel/Bolivia-Cities-and-People/21156770_XfTk58#!i=1683356150&k=c3gQ9qp

I will be creating and posting another documentary on Bolivia in the future,
hopefully soon.

Best,
Evan Barrientos
Milwaukee