[wisb] Buff-breasted Sandpiper - Racine Co.

  • From: JDX14@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:41:39 EDT

Hi all,
        Jenny Wenzel called me saying  she and Rick Fare had 11
Buff-breasted Sandpipers at the Wind Lake Sod farms.  They were in the narrow
strip of
grass west of Britton Road, almost straight out  from Olson Road. I arrived
later and found 10 of them at 1:00 PM. There is a  ridge on the west side of
the grass strip so be patient as they may be out of  view below the top of
the ridge from time to time.
        There were no Am. Golden Plovers  Friday, although I had a lone one
Tuesday afternoon.
John Dixon
Brighton Township, Kenosha Co.