[wisb] Buff-br. Sandpiper YES

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 19:05:18 -0500

Sorry about this Tom & Wendy! They were at my place this noon so we went to
try for the Buffy before lunch (thanks for that great meal and company).
However the wind and heat waves were too great so we did not locate it. I went
out early this evening and in less than ten minutes had it feeding about half
way out on the west end of the Anderson Sod Farm. Also present were about 100
Killdeer, Mourning Doves, Horned Larks, pigeons and Starlings. I watched it
for about 15 minutes as it fed, gradually working a little farther back in the
field but still easily seen with or without the scope. However a scope makes
it much easier to find as these are long fields. Probably early morning and
evening are the best times due to the wind and heat waves at other times. Good
luck! (Thanks to Stuart for finding it and Dar posting it.)

Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI