[wisb] Buena Vista birds

  • From: Steve and Evie Fisher <pescador2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:32:53 +0000 (UTC)

On our way back from Adams/Juneau County area this past Saturday, where we were
looking for Golden Eagles (we did confirm one in Adams County)as part of the
Golden Eagle Survey run by the National Eagle Center, we drove along Taft Road
in the Buena Vista Grasslands.  We saw a half-dozen Rough-legged Hawks, several
American Kestrels, and we watched five Short-eared Owls hunt and perch on posts
in an open area along Taft and Lake Roads.

Steve Fisher
Wausau, Marathon County