[wisb] Buena Vista

  • From: Rowan <rowan.stamm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 21:12:03 -0600

My grandmother and I took a trip up to Buena Vista today in hopes of finding
the Gyr. We got there at 10:30 and immediately saw four cars pulled over and
there was the Snowy Owl perched on a pine tree of of W. My grandma hasn't seen
one in fourteen years and was ecstatic. We clicked a few pics and headed out.
After 8 hours of searching we only found the falconer and his captive Gyr. Neat
to see, but not what we were hoping for. No prairie chickens found although we
heard a report of 69 birds of of Townline. All together a good trip, but we
missed the Gyr.

Rowan Stamm, Dane County####################