[wisb] Bobolinks, Waukesha(Retzer)

  • From: "John Stuckert" <jstuckert4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 22:13:17 -0500

Hello all,
Thanks for the tip a while back on where to shot Bobolinks. I tried Retzer
Nature Center today.(The consensus was the Bud Cook trail at Horicon for being
the best site) Retzer was great, but my photography wasn't up to snuff today:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4626020020_873342b6aa_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/4626016218_6eee758a46_o.jpg

I think a blind would be great. I couldn't get closer than about 25 yards to a
bobolink. Does anyone have any ideas a simple blind? I'd like to make it easy
and just go out and get one that I can photograph from.

Bummer of an evening on the BB trail. I had to capture many house sparrows all
female, but did see a pair of interested BBs. Also, had to educate a dog walker
about my process. Very uncomfortable...

Happy birding,

John Stuckert
Pewaukee, WI