[wisb] Bluebird and Sandhills and Anthropomorphizing - Polk County

  • From: Jeff Virant <rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 04:40:11 -0500

Hi All,

I was literally telling my partner that we have NEVER seen an Eastern Bluebird
on our Rainbow Pond farm when lo and behold, one landed on the roof edge less
than 10 feet in front of my eyes yesterday. May he PLEASE take a lease out on
one of my bluebird houses. And, a seemingly lonely Sandhill crane continues to
wander around ON the ever-frozen Rainbow Pond making loud Sandhill Crane
vocalizations, undoubtedly complaining about the weather. And yes, I have been
accused of overly anthropomorphizing!

Best Birding,

Jeff Virant
Deer Park, WI , Polk County